Pair of candelabras, Volkstedt, Germany, 1877 – 1894

Description

Pair of hand-painted porcelain candelabras for three candles. Signed by Triebner, ENS & Eckert.

Height: 24 cm

The history of porcelain manufacturing in German Thuringia started in 1762. This year Georg Heinrich Macheleid approached the Prince of Schwarzburg-Rudolstadt. He was granted the exclusive privilege to build a porcelain factory. At the end of the 18th century the manufacture was already known throughout Europe and among others products offered 95 different types of figurines. The Volkstedt factory is the best known for its lace figurines that started to be produced by the mid-nineteenth century. n 1832 the factory lost its exclusive privilege. Other porcelain manufacturers appeared in Volkstedt and nearby region.

Price: 2 900,00 zł 2900.00
quantity pc.
up
Shop is in view mode
View full version of the site
Sklep internetowy od home.pl