Hunting, Royal Dux, 1912 - 1951

Description

Hand-painted porcelain, signed.

Dimensions: 48x44x19 cm

The Dux (Duchcov) factory was established in 1853. Seven years passed without apparent successes. The firm just produced utility porcelain. In 1860 it was bought by Eduard Eichler. The new owner named it Eduard Eichler Thonwaren-Fabrik. The factory started to imitate designs by Copenhagen, Worcester and Sevrés. They were successful winning even a Silver Medal at the Paris exhibition. Eduard Eichler died in 1887. Next three years the company was run by his widow. Her son-in-law, Wilhelm Hans, bought it in 1890. He further developed the factory and in 1897 transformed it into a stock corporation (Duxer Porzellanmanufaktur A.G.). The company was awarded the Grand Prix prize at the world exhibition in St. Louis in 1904. The company had difficulties to continue production during WWI. They weren't able to keep prewar quality. Another blow for the company was the Great Depression. After World War II German workers had to leave Czechoslovakia. In 1992 the name of the factory in Duchcov was changed to Porcelánová Manufaktura Royal Dux Bohemia A.S. Since 1997 it has been a part of the "Český Porcelán" group.

Price: 4 800,00 zł 4800.00
quantity pc.

Related products

up
Shop is in view mode
View full version of the site
Sklep internetowy od home.pl